In Windows 8.1, during the backup process, the following error may be found in the Windows Event log.
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.
System Error: Access is denied.
This message is caused by the Windows Shadow Copy System Writer. If the permissions of the COM catalog folder are incorrect, this writer may not work properly.
The Shadow Copy System Writer is not used by Reflect, and so this error does not affect the backup process. However, if you want to stop the error message from appearing, follow the following steps.
- Navigate to your C:\Windows folder within Windows Explorer.
- Right click on the folder Registration. Click on Properties, and go to the Security tab.
- Click the Advanced button. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue.
- In the following dialog, make sure that the following permissions are set:
- The Administrators group has Full Control over This folder and files.
- The Everyone group has List folder/read data, Read attributes, Read extended attributes, and read permissions for This folder and files.
- The SYSTEM account has Full Control over This folder and files.
- Click OK.